Friday, April 30, 2010

Trend Report: Skater Dress

Yes, the Olympics are technically over, but the athletic spirit is still very much alive in the fashion world. From Hermes' timeless tennis classics to Bottega Veneta's take on the karate jacket to Alexander Wang's American football theme.  
Hermes S/S 2010
Alexander Wang S/S 2010
Recently, yet another sport has stepped into the trendsetter arena: my favourite event at the Winter Games: figure skating. (YuNa Kim, woo!)  Let's turn to the runways to score top designer examples.
Christian Dior S/S 2010
Hermes S/S 2010
Stella McCartney S/S 2010
So look out for beautiful silhouettes with flirtatious hemlines in beautiful fabrics. The skater dress suits anyone and everyone (unlike the body-conscious dress of last season) as the skirt flares out perfectly skimming your waist and hiding any lumps or bumps. As a stylist's point of view I would opt for the mid-length sleeves as they finish at the midpoint between your write and elbow - your slimmest point!



       I found these at American Apparel, cute huh?
And Topshop's own version of the trend...

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...