Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Trend Report: Button Ups

If you are like me, and love buttoning up your shirt or blouse all the way up to the neck, good news - all the way, is the only way to button up shirts now! I have always been a fan of this polished look ("high-maintenance-look" my friends teased). If you remember, I mentioned before in a post, that with every trend comes an 'anti-trend'. So forget grunge, open fronted boyfriend shirts, fashion has taken a swing into the other direction, hitting on a more refined and sophisticated look. The key to the buttoned-up look is that it should appear put together, its sexiness rooted in its modesty, and an understated air of confidence. 
Cynthia Rowley S/S 2010
Cynthia Rowley S/S 2010
Madame Hawk S/S 2010
Chloe Pre-Fall 2010
Chloe Pre-Fall 2010
Miu Miu S/S 2010
Miu Miu S/S 2010
Proenza Schouler F/W 2010
Proenza Schouler F/W 2010
Preen S/S 2011
Preen S/S 2011
Proenza Schouler Resort 2011
Proenza Schouler Resort 2011

Now lets talk context. A fastened top button is typically a sign of formal wear for men and is most of the time accompanied by a necktie, but who says we can't borrow another style from the boys? (I'm really a sucker for simple, boyish prep.) The button-up has long been a staple of business attire too, so it's a thrill when we happen upon a fresh way to rock our go-to classic white shirt.

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...