Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thank You

Gratitude turns a meal into a feast and drudgery into delight. It softens our grief and heightens our pleasure. It turns the simple and common into the memorable and transcendent...Living in thanksgiving daily is a habit that will enrich our lives and the lives of those we love.
Elder Wirthlin, "Live in Thanksgiving Daily"
I know Thanksgiving has passed, but I still want make a thankful thanksgiving thank-you post. So, here I go:

The first snow fall of the season in Seoul. I was too filled with excitement to realise I was singing a soprano.

Salvation and life eternal, only by His grace and daily dependance on Him.

An incredibly loving family and my aunt's family I'm staying with, who have become my second family.

My patient little cousin who teaches me the guitar everyday.


The big-hearted angel, whom despite her hard up circumstances, bought me an outfit (for my cousin's wedding) I'd otherwise won't be able to afford.

Heavenly coffee. (I mean good coffee. Mmmmm) I'm so glad such a thing exists.


Blogs, where I can satisfy my writing cravings. Yes, sometimes I crave writing like I crave chocolate. However, I'm not a good writer. I do wish I had an interesting and witty writing style. I tend to be too wordy with  my limited vocabulary list. But then again, my fashion vocabularly is more extensive than most.

The millions, billions, trillions, gazillions of stars. I went to the Planetarium today, and walked out feeling overwhelmingly small, and in awe.

Despite the sudden below-freezing drop in temperature, I am still pnuemonia-free.

Skinny jeans that act as 'leg-corsets'.

My future husband, whom I have yet to meet, whom will adore my flaws.

Will I ever own that Proenza Schouler dress I've been vying for the past three weeks?

Never. (Well, maybe someday.) But I do believe I have all that matters most in life, and that makes me so, so very grateful. I am truly blessed.

So, with that being said,
Happy belated Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...