Friday, May 20, 2011

Monthly Recap May'11

Sorry for the lack of posts this month. I've been dealing with a lot of things. It's been an emotional yet fulfilling roller-coaster ride. But heck, I love roller-coasters!  I even love aggressive airplane turbulence if you know what I mean! And just to put it out there:
"Tears shed for self are tears of weakness. 
But tears shed for others are a sign of strength."
Billy Graham

Laundry list of things memorable about the month:
Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines, and due dates.
Rosemount Australian Fashion Week.
Brother buys a cappuccino-maker. Saves me $3!
Setting my alarm for a 2 hour nap, but waking up 20 hours later, and missing out on a meeting.
Styling a photo-shoot for a children's TV presenter.
Making the almost-2 hour trip to have Yum Cha with my college girls.
Spending way too much time on youtube and using up my monthly bandwidth in 2 weeks.
Being in the same city as Nigahiga and Kevjumba!
Weekly catch-ups with the most inspiring and beautiful girls in the world.
Roasting chestnuts and marshmallows in the open fire under the night sky, and discussing life and spirituality.
Bombardment of yucky weather (gale force winds and torrential rain).
Losing 3 umbrellas this month. 1 of them borrowed. Oops.
Dealing with wounds of the past, that has opened up. This time, I'm not going to 'cover it with a bandage'.
Really yearning for New York City.
Being bedridden for 25 hours.
Pain-killers giving me awful constipation.
3 models on 'standby' not confirming, and I might hyperventilate soon!
Arguing with a 11 year-old-girl that Sam Tsui is so much cooler than Justin Bieber. (She has yet to grow up to listen to her elders.)




Music stuck on repeat:
Rhythm of Love - Plain White T's
1,2,3,4 - Plain White T's
Cooler than me - Mike Posner
The more I seek You - Kari Jobe
That Girl - David Choi
We could happen - AJ Rafael
Don't want an ending - Sam Tsui


Books read(ing):
The Book of Matthew
The Final Quest - Rick Joyner
Systematic Theology - Wayne Grudem


3 things I am thankful for this month:
Orange juice.
Stumbleupon.com for successful procrastinating.
Laxatives.

1 comment:

m 'n' m said...

I hope your feeling better. You know where to find me if you need to vent <3

Ps: which kids tv presenter?

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...