Sunday, July 3, 2011

Monthly Recap June'11

Laudry list of things memorable about the month:
Unrealistic deadlines.
Pulling of consecutive all-nighter.
Paying off sleep-debt.
Mummy's birthday. Yum cha lunch!
Farewells to 2 friends.
Long, deep and meaningful conversations in the car, all through the night 'til early morning.
A visit to the dentist. A first in 3 years!
A week without Facebook.
Grinding my own coffee beans at home.
Catch ups with beautiful and uplifting individuals.
Listening to 90's songs, feeling nostalgic for the teenybopper days, and falling all over in love with old school Six pence non the richer, Backstreet Boys, Mandy Moore, J.Lo, Jordan Knight, Red hot chilli peppers, Take that, got me in a phenomenal mood, and before I knew it, I was dancing in front of the fridge at 3am! 
The sucky-ness of not being able to take advantage of the end-of-financial-year sales.
Almost dying in a car crash.
United Conference.



Currently obsessed with:
Downton Abbey.
Ash blonde hair and deep berry lips.
Colour-blocking my outfits.
1970's.
Macarons.
Movie soundtracks.

Music stuck on repeat:
M79 - Vampire Weekend
To build a home - The Cinematic Orchestra
Between the lines - Sara Bareilles
Put your records on - Corinne Bailey Rae
For Good (Wicked) - Glee cast
Waiting here for you - Christy Nockels


Books read(ing):
Marie Antoinette: The Last Queen of France - Evelyn Lever
Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
The Book of Psalms


3 things I am thankful for this month:
True love that I cannot be separated with.
Podcasts.
Fellowship and community. (Is that 2 things? I cheated.)

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...