Saturday, March 3, 2012

Monthly Recap: February '12

It's back. My monthly highlights and laundry lists of just random things and stories that is quintessentially me so that I can laugh at myself or indulge in a little self-pity. Because I'm just good at making lists.

Music stuck on repeat:
  • Ne me quitte pas - Regina Spektor
  • Be be your love - Racheal Yamagata
  • Undisclosed desires - Muse
  • Transatlantism - Death Cab for Cutie
  • Crooked teeth - Death Cab for Cutie
  • Back in time - Lyn
Laundry list of things memorable about the month:
  • Announcement of the cancellation of House. Devo. I don't think this news has sunk in entirely. Saying goodbye after 8 years ain't going to be easy, although not a hard as dealing with the tragedy that was the end of Friends
  • Romantic Valentine's day evening on the grass gazing at stars, while eating chocolate dipped strawberries. Coming home, I thought, the only way it could've been lonelier is if the internet stopped working.
  • Seeing "The Artist" at a local cinema by myself early one glorious sunny Sunday morning.
  • Lulu, my sister cat, is preggers! Yay, kitten-nieces and kitten-nephews soon!
  • Death Cab for Cutie in Sydney.
  • New iPhone 4s. White.
  • Robocop movie marathon. (I'm excited about the Robocop remake!)
  • Making plans to elope to New York city after I graduate.
  • really do miss NY.
  • Linsanity.
  • New professeur de français. Enjoying awkward yet amusing French lessons with a fob frenchman.
  • My mom practically memorising the French alphabet due to my daily annoying singing of "c'est l'alphabet en Français!"
  • The dreaded end of holidays. Back to school. Oh, the joy of getting up early for a 8am class.
  • I went shopping with a gay friend of mine, who actually is super Vogue intern skinny, and saw him try on an XL t-shirt. On his waifish body, it actually resembled Olsen-twin-chic, but on me it just looked puffy and strange. Seeing him swim around in the shirt like a jellyfish, I realised that's what it was supposed to look like. Lesson learned.
  • Goodbye summer. Goodbye to days where the weather sticks to your body like glue, and you complain about the humidity to anyone who will listen, because it's what you're supposed to do.
  • Heeeeeeeelllooooo autumn!
Book(s) reading:
  • The Help - Katherine Stockett
Currently obsessed with:
  • BOOM!! SHAKALAKA!!! *fangirl mode*
  • The moon that embraces the Sun. I'm so emotionally attached to this series and the characters that I almost explode from waiting for it to air every week. (FYI, exploding fangirls are one of the most dangerous creatures in the world after the boxed jellyfish and the king cobra!)
  • Kenzo, Burberry Prorsum, Marcs by Marc Jacobs and Carven's Fall 2012 collection at Paris fashion week.
  • The 1960's. Mad Men! Pan Am! Also, conveniently this season's fashion trend!
  • Cue Clothing Co's winter campaign.
  • Improvising cookie recipes.
Three things I'm thankful for:
  • Pre-mix cupcake/ cookie mixes at supermarkets
  • www.solarmovie.au
  • Jeremy Lin

1 comment:

sameum said...

해품달? 인기라고들었는대 아직안봄~
Make plans for korea!!!!!! not ny!

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...