Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tea, a drink with jam and bread

I watched The Sound of Music dozens of times when I was younger. Who else wanted be Liesl and sing about turning seventeen in the rain? But for whatever reason, it's been years since I've listened to the soundtrack. And, do-re-mi had nearly been wiped from my memory.

Last night, however, I overheard it and I immediately got online to download it. (Thus, marked the beginning of my movie soundtrack download spree.) It's almost as good as The Circle of Life, and nearly twice as good as Emmy Rossum's Think of Me (Phantom of the Opera), and Glee's cover of  Wicked's For Good. Next time I fail a test, get broken up with, or feel desolate - please show me this song and all will be well again.

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...