Saturday, August 27, 2011

Romeo + Juliet

Desiree's Kissing You came up on my iTunes. In the name of nostalgia, I decided to DIY dip-dye my hair! Oh, and watch Romeo + Juliet. (DIY dip-dye was an epic fail. Just looks like my roots are long overdue for a touch up. Like six month overdue.)
The ultimate love story: two crazy kids fall in love and kill themselves. I remember reading the play as a kid but I didn’t completely fall in love with the play until I  watched Baz Lurhmann’s version of Romeo + Juliet (1996). I just couldn’t believe that the incredibly cute boy from Growing Pains, and that girl from My So-called Life was dead. Well, dead in the movie. Here’s why you must watch it again:
  1. Leonardo DiCarprio and Claire Danes, two adorable actors, when they both had baby faces.
  2. John Leguizamo as Tybalt. Doesn’t he have the perfect villain face?
  3. The soundtrack is great! I still listen to it to this day! Every overly-emotional girl (during time-of-month) in the ’90s overplayed it. I'm pretty sure!
  4. The infamous fish tank scene. It's super romantic. Like, Leo makes you believe love at first sight is possible. That first glance!
I've also heard, over the grape-vine, that Leonardo Dicarprio is purchasing a property in Sydney! The stalker in me rejoices!

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...