Monday, December 19, 2011

Looking back: Top fashion moments in 2011

1. John Galliano's downfall.


2. Kate Middleton's Alexander McQueen wedding dress. Remember all the speculations? It was really the most well-kept secret in an age of superfluous information.


3. Alexander McQueen's "Savage Beauty". It was the Metropolitan Museum of Art's most successful fashion exhibit in history.


4. The Carine Roitfeld scandal. Did she get fired? Did she quit? Why?


5. Missoni for Target. And Target's website crashing at the very release of the range.


6. Bill Cunningham New York. The documentary about the street style photographer way before The Sartorialist.


7. Kate Moss's wedding.


8. Marc Jacob's stolen spring 2012 collection en route from Paris.


9. Death of Elizabeth Taylor.


10. Versace for H&M.


11. Christian Dior's sloppy haute couture messGranted, I’m observing, much like you, from my laptop thousands of miles away and thus the intricacies of the gowns are lost on me. Still, with haute couture, particularly with Dior Haute Couture,  there should be a brilliance that shines through in spite of the viewer’s distance or technical knowledge!


12. Emma Watson, style icon. 

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...