- I can never understand people who don't see the point in travelling. The common reason is that traveling is a waste of time and money. I’ve heard some are scared to travel too far away. I can’t help but feel sorry particularly for those who perceive the experience of seeing a new place as a negative one. Telling them stories about cool new encounters results with an unexpected ‘Why would you wanna go there!?’ It makes me sad.
- I love in-flight turbulence! Just thinking about it is getting me excited. I actually feel cheated if I don't get at least a little turbulence on my flight! I've been on a couple of flights with severe turbulence, and one with a nice 4,000 ft drop with every unbuckled body flying out of their seats. I might've been the only passenger grinning from ear to ear.
- Every time I exit a store with a security guard or that thing that detects stolen things in your bag, I am convinced I have stolen something.
- I've never checked a voicemail my entire life. It's a dead art.
- Before or after watching a movie, I always check its freshness on tomato-meter, and if it's very far from what I expected, I get disturbed. Makes me think, maybe I didn't watch it with the right mindset, or my reaction is incorrect, or I misunderstood the plot.
- Do you ever wonder where certain things originated, or how they came to be? No? Well, I do ALL THE TIME and I can’t just sit back and pretend that the thought never crossed my mind. So what do I do? I turn to my trusty old Google. Or I ask the people around me. I'm never afraid to say "I don't know what that is. Can you tell me?"
- I used to eat kleenex tissues. Unbleached, unscented. It was a symptom of nutrient deficiency. A condition called Pica, common among pregnant women.
- When I tell people that I've never smoked a cigarette before, it's usually met with shock. I didn't crumble under peer pressure and said no to something that everyone else has said yes to. So I have bragging rights.
- I have inside jokes with myself. In my head.
- I won't pass up a chance for a good discussion on bodily functions. From gas to boogers.
- Whenever I am watching TV alone, I will start to pick at my face, just to create new problems on my face when there is none. So never leave me alone watching TV. It can lead to craters in my face.
- I am never able to realise my stories are lame until I am far past the point of no return. Sad.
- I still talk to and sleep with my teddy-bear, Bearemy every night. This could continue into my married life.
- I dreamed about being the first woman F1 driver.
- I like chewing on hair. Try it, it's crunchy!
- When somebody talks about food or Harry Potter or a film I recently watched or maybe Ryan Gosling, or mention anything that I like, I will get overly excited and probably bug you about it the entire night.
- I love jumping on beds. Jumped on my brothers bed until the spring poked through the mattress. Jumped on my bed until the leg broke. Oops.
- I had a major crush on Aaron Carter during junior years at high school. I've memorised the lyrics to his whole album. It's A to the A to the R O N. I'm all grown up now, run and tell your friends. Listen up everybody, have you seen Aaron's Party? Part two I'm older now, come and show me body. Girl, watcha gonna do, come and talk. To me in the backseat, baby backstreet... Okay I'll shut up now.
- I want to marry someone who will look at me and daily think "you're too good to be true". I want to be his unicorn!
- I make incessant lists to make myself feel productive or creative, and I’m listening to Weezer while doing it.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...
This week, I'm paying off my sleep debt, while going through painful, painful, painful caffeine withdrawals, and recovering from my co...
Although the image of James Dean in a white t-shirt, jeans, and an open leather jacket is the open idea etched in our consciousness, I prefe...