Friday, October 7, 2011

Countdown to Downton

I love period piece British films and series. I don’t know what it is exactly, but women love anything British. British accents, corsets, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Jude Law, Hugh Laurie, war, forbidden love, and the clothes. THE CLOTHES. Period piece British films is my BFF! I adored Elizabeth, Marie Antoinette, Shakespeare in Love, The Dutchess, The Young Victoria, The King's Speech, Amazing Grace, Pride & Prejudice, and Sense & Sensibility (Hugh Laurie is the best part of the movie). Check out Keira Knightley's filmography, love it! 


I seem to have a long history of dreaming of being a young Victorian or Edwardian woman men would fawn over, while I sat on a fainting couch having tea. Yet I wouldn't marry anyone because I was a "challenge" and no man had yet to spark my intrigue. Until one day, I would meet a witty, intelligent and passionate missionary, or someone like the visionary politician William Wilberforce who led the abolition of slavery, and he would change my life and of course, lives of many others.


Now, how did I get on this topic? Hmmm.. Oh, yes. Downton Abbey reruns was on. And naturally, I love the series, and am really looking forward to season 2!

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...