Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Neutral Territory

Camels, Coppers, Olives, Khaki, Taupe, Tan and Ochres. Timeless, classic, inoffensive colours.  It's only been these last seasons that I have begun to love wearing these essential hues. It is rather more interesting that a monochromatic outfit. Deftly blending multiple shades of khaki, taupe, and tan to create nuanced outfits, is an Art.
The runway origins of this neutral trend are vast, so it's impossible to narrow it down to a single, definitive example. That said, I do have my favourites! For inspiration purposes, check out the Burberry Prorsum, Celine, Stella McCartney, and Chloe 2010 shows. Neutral and minimal.
Country Road Look Book 2010

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...