Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ryan-a-thon

"You know how sometimes department stores have these things where, if you win, you get 10 minutes and go in and take anything you want from the store? That's basically what I'm doing. I'm running in and just trying to grab as many characters as possible before they pull the plug on me." - Ryan Gosling

I've been talking about a "RyGos movie marathon" since the beginning of the year, but hadn't got around to it, due to his amazing extensive filmography. But! I am finally well into it, one film after another. I kicked started off with Crazy, Stupid, Love then Drive in the cinemas, followed by the rest in the comfort of my bed. (I am currently up to Blue Valentine. The "Ryan-athon" will end with Ryan, and George Clooney at the cinemas.) I tell ya, RyGos is one of the most talented young actors of our time.  He's tackled challenging roles racking up credibility as a serious young actor in indie features. He sort of reminds me of Edward Norton (I'm a huge fan of), because he's so good at playing intense, conflicted young man in a natural, effortless style. Participate with me in the Ryan-athon. He won't disappoint!


Crazy, stupid, love (2011)



Drive (2011)



The Believer (2001)



Half Nelson (2006)



Lars and the Real girl (2007)



Murder by Numbers (2002)



The Notebook (2004)



Blue Valentine (2010)



Remember the Titans (2000)



Stay (2005)



Fracture (2007)



The slaughter rule (2002)




All good things (2010)

The United States of Leland (2002)



The Ides of March (2011)

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...