Friday, May 28, 2010

Kate Sylvester Spring 2010/2011

Masculine Femininity
In all honesty, I don't know much about New Zealand fashion. But when I saw Kate Sylvester's Spring/Summer collection at RAFW (Australian Fashion Week), it was the beginning of my crush for Kiwi fashion. The masculine elements were subtle, creating a perfect female dandy look - man-style sock garters, fob chains, and oversized Regency neck bows. Contrasting to the little masculine details were the perfectly feminine outfits that reminds me of a country girl.
Not everyone will prefer Kate Sylvester's historical twists and feminine/masculine inspirations to the overt glamour of other designers. But for me, she was one of my favourites. This is more me.

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...