Monday, March 21, 2011

Quote of the Week


"The Sound of Music" (1965) will always be one of my favourite films that I could go back to watch it again and again. Only recently, have I started swooning over Christopher Plummer's character Captain von Trapp. Only recently, have I realised what a handsome gentleman he was. But it is this scene every time, that makes my heart squeal with joy.
Captain von Trapp: “Maria, there isn’t going to be any Baroness anymore.”
Maria: “I don’t understand.”
Captain von Trapp: “Well, we called off our engagement, you see, and…”
Maria: “Oh, I’m sorry.”
Captain von Trapp: “Yes. You are?”
Maria: “Mm-hmm. You did?”
Captain von Trapp: “Yes. Well, you can’t marry someone when you’re in love with someone else… can you?”

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...