Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear...

Dear tall, brooding, stylish Asian boy, who was so stylish, I kept following because of your stylishness,
I didn't even get to see your face, maybe just the tip of your nose? It was your messy hair and effortlessly cool clothes and vintage leather bag and your individualist attitude that captured my attention. Without realising, I followed your slouchy minimalistic, subdued colour-cordinated, perfectly proportioned outfit from Soho, all the way to 36th street.


Dear New York City
I miss the concrete jungle where dreams are made of. You were my eye-opener, and dream catcher. I'm losing my motivation to study and get ahead. Help!


Dear lecturer
I'm in disbelief. I can't believe you said statement shoulders are in fashion now, like now. Um, no. According to the runways, they are a long gone trend. I mean they are so two-thousand-and-ten! I am just seriously disappointed. And I can't get over the fact that you're not trend aware. I know I'm overreacting, but I can't help that it bothers me. Probably because it is a passion and obsession of mine, and is to be a profession of mine in the future.


Dear Susan, Christina, and Jessica,
We remind me of The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. I love our weekly catch-ups, and deep and meaningful conversations about boys, future husbands, life, natural disasters (well, in today's case), Bear Grylls, boys, self-esteem, insecurities, family, wedding dresses, boys and finding the right one. Let's continue to encourage each other, and grow (up) together as beautiful and confident women.
Dear Autumn,
When are you officially here? Until when do I have to sweat it out every morning just to walk to the train station?


Dear readers,
Leave me a comment or two?


Dear future husband,
Every year, my window of hope just gets smaller and smaller. But I know you're out there, so I won't lower my standards.


Dear God,
You are my hiding place and safe refuge.

3 comments:

cc said...

Keep the burning passion for fashion alive. Someday you will create an awesome fashion brand.

FYI. Your future husband is on his way as quick as he can. Don't despair!

tiff said...

OMG i noticed the shoulder thing too...its tiff btw

Anonymous said...

hes out there somewhere ;D

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...