Saturday, August 28, 2010

Muse: Betty Draper, Mad Men

With so much 50s and 60s femininity going around in the September issues, we're in danger of being caught up in a whirlpool of similarity. But it's no great accident thata resurgence in early '60s fashion has coincided with the popularity of Mad MenGuaranteed, there will be many more posts with this title. But, I love Betty Draper's classic style, and am single-handedly trying to bring into my wardrobe peddle-pushers, shirt dresses cinched with a belt, high-waisted skirts, high-waisted pants, full skirts, feminine blouses, pencil skirts, polka dots and red lipstick. She is always exquisitely dressed, coiffed and groomed, the spitting image of well-to-do suburban life. January Jones slips seamlessly into Betty's shoes, and also her look.Like Grace Kelly, her style is timeless and elegant.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Betty's fine but I am personally in love with Joan and her wardrobe. Can't wait til I get my hands on season 4.

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...