Saturday, September 11, 2010

New York Fashion Week So Far

I love that the northern hemisphere fashion weeks always hit as we down here in Aussieland are going into the same season. That means plenty of inspiration. Jason Wu, Cushnie et Ochs, Vena Cava, Ports 1961 and Bensoni's stunning collection basically sums up exactly how I want to dress for spring and summer. Not only is is beautiful, delicate and pure of hue - it's also supremely wearable and weather appropriate. Light breezy layers are the best thing for warm weather, and have an elegance and classic purity. They are perfect example of longer lengths done with delicacy for summer. I will also be donning turbans, pussy-bows, butter-soft leather, sheer blouses, modest-length skirts and cinched belted waists this spring.
P.S I'm a mad Project Runway fan, but I'm not much of a fan of Christian Siriano's collection this week. It disappointingly wasn't "Fierce!" even to his standards.
Jason Wu
Cushnie et Ochs
Ports 1961
Vena Cava
Bensoni


No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...