Saturday, July 3, 2010

Male Muse: James Dean

Although the image of James Dean in a white t-shirt, jeans, and an open leather jacket is the open idea etched in our consciousness, I prefer my James Dean in glasses, sweaters, overcoat - brooding and pensive.  Not to mention the charmingly dishevelled hair. Why is he an icon, having only made three films? I think there was a certain naivety, and there is still an enduring ambiguity which continues to intrigue us. James Dean is one of my favourite male style icons - forever frozen in time, he will always represent the essence of youth.
James Dean February 8, 1931 - September 30, 1955
Sources: google image search


Has anyone watched the movie with James Franco portraying James Dean? I'd like to see it one day.

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...