Friday, July 16, 2010

Muse: Snow White

Guess what? I coloured my hair jet-black! Wave a sad goodbye to my ginger red 'femme-fatale' mane. You know, just two days ago, I read an article on the train that on average, women change their hair styles 104 times in their lifetime according to a British Survey. Women undergo several hairstyle changes (shortening, layering, colouring, perming) at least twice a year. In my case, I undergo a mini-hair-makeover at least 4 times a year. So looking at those figures, my poor tresses would have already endured around 104 transformations. My main reason usually being plain old fashioned boredom. And what I've come to discover, is that not only am I murdering my hair, it's also costing me a lot more than just the bottle of hair dye. New hair colour means new colour palette, which means a wardrobe revamp and a new face (oops, I mean make-up). Cue: Snow White. This delicate avant-garde beauty with fair skin and raven black hair is my style muse, especially in terms of colour complexion. Both of us belong to the winter colour season (I was formerly Autumn). Because our hair and eyes contrast the colour of our skin, clear, stark, pure, rich colours work best. The winter colour palette is intense and high contrast, containing the primary colours, and jewel tones such as ruby red, sapphire blue and emerald green. Hence, Snow White being my inspiration. And when it comes to make up, I will be embracing the 1940's eyeliner and lips.

No comments:

I am 23, going on 13

This has almost nothing to do with the Sound of Music. Let me just say that apparently I’m 30 going on 13. I don’t know what happened bu...